Ir al contenido principal

Blog 3: My Dream Job

I am not really sure what I would like to work in the future, because anthropology is a new field for me. Each time I am learning more and more new dimensions of the career and new job possibilities are opening to me. However, for now I think I have a preference for archaeological work. I imagine myself in the future traveling to different places, working in the field and discovering objects that will allow me to understand and rewrite history.

I am studying in my second year of anthropology, and from the third year of studies the university allows us to specialize in one area of anthropology, which can be: social, physical and archaeology. From that, next year I could enter the specialization of archaeology, and in this way, acquire the necessary abilities to be able to work.

With respect to the salary, I would like to have enough to live quietly and save for travel. I am not really interested in having great luxuries or a life full of material things, I just want to be happy with what I do, and I hope to be able to work in a place according to my ideals.

Finally, I would like to add that although I am not yet sure how to go about it, I would really like to be able to work with children. Even though I know that maybe they are not directly related, I would like perhaps outside of my work as an archaeologist to be part of some organization that is related to children, because I really like working with them and at some moment, I thought to study pedagogy.








Comentarios

  1. I worked with children teaching music and they are very curious! I think that if there is a chance to do science outreach oriented to children, you would do very well :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The variety that anthropology provides is beautiful. No doubt, you will be the best in the path you take. Future colleague, best of luck:)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. How great that you want to specialize in archaeology!!! and that you want to work with children, it is very important to guide future generations.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Working with children is a big deal these days! From archaeology it sounds interesting to make this topic visible, I hope you can have the job of your dreams!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I also thought about studying pedagogy !

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 4: Time travel to the past

Being able to travel back in time sounds like something that would happen in a movie or a science fiction book, so I guess I've never really stopped to think seriously about it. However, I think I would prefer to travel back in time for now. It is really interesting to me the idea of traveling far into the past and being able to see live the historical events that I have read about in history books. To be part of the first ships and ocean voyages, to see the French revolution or the independence of Chile. However, I think what I would be most interested in seeing in my trip to the past would be those events that are not documented in history, I would like to see how the first humans lived in Latin America before the arrival of the Europeans, to see the fauna and flora, how the landscapes have changed. It is a very nice idea to be able to live an experience like this, to be part of historical events that are not very famous in order to understand them better, and in this way under...

How Can Your Major Make the World a Better

  I am studying anthropology, I think one of the reasons why I chose this career is because since I discovered its existence I thought it was the way in which I could make a contribution to society. I consider that motivation and vocation are the most important things to be able to make a contribution with the work I will do in the future, and I hope that anthropology will allow me to do so. I believe that anthropology in essence allows us to expand our way of seeing the world, allows us to put ourselves in the place of the other, and indeed to be more empathetic with others. It is from empathy, I believe, that changes can be initiated; it is vital to understand the ways in which others live in order to be able to help them effectively. In the case of archaeology, I really like the idea of being able to reconstruct the past, and give voice to many events, people, groups that have been ignored until now. In short, anthropology provides multiple tools to understand others in a resp...

Blog 2: The Best Holiday

I consider that my best holiday was last summer, specifically in February 2022. On that occasion, I went to Lake Rapel to camp with my cousin, my aunt and a family friend for five days. We enjoyed swimming in the lake, walking around the campsite, taking pictures, playing cards and volleyball. However, most of all, we just rested.  This holidays was a really important experience for me, because I was able to connect with my family, with nature, and mainly with myself. I really managed to recharge my batteries after a year that was a little complicated. Also, for the first time in my life I had reiki, a very interesting experience, especially being in the middle of such beautiful landscapes. I also met a person that I now consider a great friend, I learned a lot from her and her life which is really inspiring, and we managed to connect super fast because we have similar interests.  Finally, what made this vacation trip end perfectly was that for the first time I saw a shooting ...