Ir al contenido principal

Post 5: Changes to my study program

I really feel that I love my career, in general I really like everything, and I feel very motivated. However, I think we must be conscious of some things that could be better.

To start, I think that the general curriculum is very interesting and well planned. But I think that in the first two years of the career they should implement more subjects related to archaeology and physical anthropology, since most of the subjects that we see these years are related to social anthropology.

Sometimes I feel that the workload is quite heavy in terms of content because we have to learn a lot of different things in different areas of anthropology. However, probably because the first year of studies was online, it has been quite easy for me to carry the workload until now, let's hope they continue to be like this for the rest of the career.

With respect to the infrastructure of the faculty I think that in some ways it is deficient, for example the lack of places to eat and food options, besides the fact that the classrooms are small for the number of students. However, I must admit that I really like the murals that the faculty has, I think they give color to the space.

Because of the pandemic, the use of technology has been a very important factor in the studies with online and hybrid classes. To be honest, these have been somewhat deficient because sometimes the teacher's or my connection is down. It is also a bit exhausting to have to read so much on the computer, but it is more economical than buying the texts.

Finally, I think that the teaching methods in general are good, I don't usually have many problems to understand, because the classes are always complemented with readings that help to understand in detail. I also like that there are a lot of practical classes, although I have not experienced many due to the pandemic, I know that it is something that is usually done, for example this year we had a field trip that was very entertaining and important for professional development.






Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think they should really improve their use of technology, luckily those problems with the microphones were fixed

    ResponderEliminar
  3. the pandemic has left us with a lot of consequences in terms of technology, online and hybrid classes make learning at university more laborious :(

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Read on the computer has been very dificult for me, but actually I feel less exhausted than year before. Regrettably, it's much cheaper than buying or photocopying the texts.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I think exactly the same as you! The murals give color and life to the university space, and as students we should take ownership of them.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I also find the infrastructure to be deficient, there is no space

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

A subject I enjoy studying

  Astronomy is one of my favorite subjects to study, this is a science that studies the celestial bodies of the universe such as planets, satellites, comets and asteroids. It is also interested in interstellar matter such as stars, nebulae, galaxies and dark matter. Perhaps one of the most interesting topics studied is related to extraterrestrial life. In short, astronomy is the science of the physical universe at the macro level that studies the events that occur in it. Since I was very young, I had always liked mathematics and when I entered high school, they started to teach us Physics. From the first moment I was fascinated with the physical explanations about how the world worked, but unfortunately at school we never got to pass subjects related to astronomy. So, in the summers, due to my enchantment with physics, I started to research and learn a lot about astronomy, until in the summer of 2017 I took a "Planetary Sciences" course. From that I fell in love with the su

How Can Your Major Make the World a Better

  I am studying anthropology, I think one of the reasons why I chose this career is because since I discovered its existence I thought it was the way in which I could make a contribution to society. I consider that motivation and vocation are the most important things to be able to make a contribution with the work I will do in the future, and I hope that anthropology will allow me to do so. I believe that anthropology in essence allows us to expand our way of seeing the world, allows us to put ourselves in the place of the other, and indeed to be more empathetic with others. It is from empathy, I believe, that changes can be initiated; it is vital to understand the ways in which others live in order to be able to help them effectively. In the case of archaeology, I really like the idea of being able to reconstruct the past, and give voice to many events, people, groups that have been ignored until now. In short, anthropology provides multiple tools to understand others in a respectf

Blog Post 6: English Language Challenges

  It's amazing how time goes so fast, I'm finishing this level of English and it passed very quickly. I think it's a little difficult to say about my general experience learning English at the university, because due to the pandemic I did the first level completely online, and this semester we had a few face-to-face English classes, but then we returned to the online modality. Definitively, the online experience is more difficult than learning the language in face to face, when having online classes it is more difficult to concentrate because of the distractions of the house or the bad connection. In contrast, from the experience with the face-to-face classes this year, I feel that I learned much more than last year, I also feel more involved with the course, and I had a lot of fun. With respect to the use of blogs, I consider it an innovative strategy to evaluate knowledge, since it differs from the typical classroom test with paper and pencil answering questions. I